Chinese-Forums

How to find "banned" litterature in China (in Chinese)

ruidianren2

Hey

I wonder how you get hold of books that are banned in china, when you are in China yourself?

It's for a Chinese friend. Is it possible to find these books in simplified chinese ?

She is able to read complicated characters but she feels that its 头疼.

I am talking about books like that swan something book and books from that nobel price winner 高行健.

Is it possible to get these books from HongKong safely and in simplified chinese ?

Anyone that knows ?

Is it possible to get these books from HongKong safely and in simplified chinese ?

Yes, it is. In fact, you can buy them safely. You can read them safely. They are banned in mainland that just means publishing houses which are admitted by official can't publish them. However, you still get them through civil ways, such as Nets, digital books(pdf) or pirates.

As far as I know, in 2000 Lijiang Publishing House (漓江出版社)had published some of Gao Xingjian's works, which are in simple characters. You can find these books on

http://search1.taobao.com/browse/0/t-0-----------------------g,xdp5buf5ue----------------40-list-commend-0-all-0.htm

The Eslite bookstore (誠品) near the Taipei 101 tower (Taipei, Taiwan) has a whole dedicated section with Simplified Chinese books. Probably the least popular section of the bookstore (which is huge!!!) but you could start your search there.

It is very close to the Taipei City Hall MRT stop.

pandaxiongmao

Thanks. You wouldn't happen to know their homepage? I forgot to say it earlier but I am looking for a online bookstore. I was planning to order books, not go there my self (although I would very much like to go to Taiwan, but right know I have neither the time or the money).

• 1 month later...