Chinese-Forums

Opening and installing Chinese apps

Xiao Kui

Is there some kind of plug-in I can get from Microsoft for Windows to let me install or open Chinese applications without changing my "Language for non-Unicode programs" preference to Chinese. My beef with that is I've done it before and it has some unpleasant side effects such as 1. messes up Spanish text - all accents and tildes change to gobbledy-gook characters, 2. Many international websites start recognizing my browser as Chinese and I get instructions in Chinese or advertisements targeted toward Chinese 3. The worst side effect is making the change somehow shrinks the font on the 2000+ characters I've already entered into Supermemo, making them almost invisible to the naked eye.

If you know abt some super language plug-in for Windows to help me overcome this or if you know how I can remedy the side effects of changing my non-unicode language preference to Chinese - please let me know. Thanks!