Chinese-Forums

The fraud of Paul Van Dyk

Dani_man

so, yesterday I went to the Paul Van Dyk concert at the Banana, Beijing. an event that was suppose to be a great fun, turned out to be a horrible experience.

let's start with the price of the ticket. on the pre-sale it was 80rmb, quite ok. but since I wasn't sure if I'm going or not, I decided the buy it the day after, at the club. I was told that at the door it cost 80 too. the day after I asked again, and guess what - 100rmb. said to myself, so foolish not to buy in pre-sale. never mind.

so I entered the banana around 23:30, and guess what's the price? 150rmb. my friend said truly, that they won't sit still in front of hundreds anxious WaiGuoRen. paid it.

so, trying to forget this rip off, got inside, try too feel the warm up Chinese dj beat. the club is not that big, so it was very crowded inside, and got more and more crowded. and got more and more, especially when the dj came into the house (01:00), when everybody wanted to reach the bumpy floor in the middle. and got more and more crowded. people almost fell and smashed each other, so we went upstairs, which was a temporary leisure time - people just kept on coming. this got even more annoying when another friend got totally drunk and start to fight for space.

with no space for ass shaking and jumping, we decided to leave the place, and we've seen many others that do the same thing. and guess what? hundreds more were outside, pushing their way. the managers didnt even think of limit the capacity. more kuai to the family.

I'm saying it for two reasons:

1. buy the pre-sale tickets.

2. dont go to these concerts. just too crowded. although I said it last time too after the John Digweed concert couple of month ago, I say it again. oh, Deep Dish is coming.

I really wonder how's the opening ceremony of beijing 2008 going to look like. :lol:

Shouldn't the title be the fraud of the club? I've seen this situation, too, where out of greed, a club would continue to sell tickets and let new people in even though there's no more room inside. Maybe there's no fire code in China (or more likely it's not enforced until there's a fire and someone dies).

You might have gotten a bit of a revenge on the club by telling people waiting outside about what's going on inside and encourage them to go somewhere else.

What's your beef with Paul Van Dyk? Sounds like you're just upset about the price of the ticket and the crowded club. I don't like trance at all really - but I respect pvd more than the average mix DJ. Did you see what equipment he was using? Probably 1200s, cd players, a pair of laptops, and midi controllers.