Chinese-Forums

Font linking in WM5

abd08

Hi all,

I am trying to get my WM5 device to display filenames etc in characters, but having problems. The ideal scenario is:

Create files with Chinese/Japanese names on my desktop

Copy to WM5 device via activesync

View filenames/contents in Chinese/Japanese characters

I have created the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESystemGDI "FontLinkMethods" entry with dec. value of 1 (REG_DWORD, decimal)

Then, created the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESoftwareMicrosoftFontLinkSystemLink with a STRING "Tahoma" and set its value to "WindowsArial.TTF,Arial Unicode MS" (keeping the "s)

The font file is the 22MB Arial one that comes with Office

Despite doing this, file names are still displayed in blocks, and when I open them up in Word Mobile, the only way to get them to display is to highlight all the text, then change the font manually to Arial Unicode MS to get it to display properly. What am I doing wrong??

Thanks

Rajiv

Thanks for the info... downloaded it and what can I say... SORTED!!! :-)

Now just have to wait till the end of March for the Japanese IME and all is perfect! PLUS, they had a version just for my Treo 750, which apparently is bundled with the HK units as standard, so at least I know it should be stable!!!

Cheers mate

Rajiv