Chinese-Forums

Necessity is the mother of invention ...

DavidM

Hi folks,

my name is David, I'm an eighteen-year-old Austrian student and I intend going to Beijing this summer for about 3 months. Since I'd like to make the most of my stay, I'm dettered from the idea of sticking most of my scarce time together with westernes talking in English. So basically, what I'm looking for, is a place full of Koreans or Japanese, i.e. people who usually aren't eager to communicate in English and would prefer Chinese if they had the possibility. Which university or school would you guys recommend, considering my short duration of stay? I don't possess any/very little knowledge in Chinese.

David

You could try 地球村 Diqiucun in Wudaokou (search the forums for more info), which is a private school catering very much to Korean students. However don't assume that just because someone's native language is not English, that they will want to speak with you in Chinese. Many Koreans I know have great English and if you can't show that it's easier to communicate in Chinese than in English, they will also speak with you in English (this refers not just to your Chinese level, but also their Chinese level).