Chinese-Forums

Chinese Sex and the City... Any good?

doumeizhen

I think I have that one. is it called 好想好想谈恋爱?

I started watching it a few times, but for some reason never really felt the urge to finish watching it. Then again, I only like cop dramas and really sappy tv series...I would be willing to give it to you in exchange for another one.

it's called "Pink Lady" or 粉红女郎 . It's from 2003. You can find it online, but I find the resolution a little low, so I will search for the DVD next time in a shop in China....

Interesting, 好想好想谈恋爱 looks very similar too, 4 girls....... looks like yet another SATC clone, but seems newer....

Any feedback on those two?

好想好想谈恋爱! That's it!

Heifeng, you've left me in a pinch... I love sap, but not cop-dramas. However, I did love 粉红女郎! Flameproof, you have good taste! I've seen the whole thing twice, at least... :) I also liked 双向跑。But how could you not like anything with 刘若英in it... Have you seen 别了温哥华?That's pretty pretty sappy (and very addicitive, I think it accounted for at least two sick days when we were watching it. Let me know if you are interested...

• 7 months later...

Probably too late for the thread starter, but anyway.

好想好想谈恋爱 is OK, but a bit too girly for my taste. The production and acting are really good. It's not a cheap soap opera.

The plot is basically four young women around 30 looking for men and their adventures. The characters were copied almost verbatim from Sex and the City, but they're interesting enough. If you are interested in such a plot and can swallow a story about four women in Beijing acting and living like they're in Manhattan, it should be good for you.

From a Chinese level, I found it quite difficult. Very fast, lots of Beijing slang and plenty of words you can't find in CEDICT. I wouldn't recommend it for beginners. It should be fine for intermediate-advanced learners.