Chinese-Forums

Receiving mail in China

mandarinstudent

Around 5 weeks ago I requested transcripts from the 3 universities I attended and asked for information from 10 graduate programs (all in the US). 2 weeks later I received transcripts from one school and information from 1 school. I am still missing 2 schools' transcripts and 9 programs' information. It sems weird that I would receive a couple of items so quickly and the rest still haven't come. What are the chances that they all got lost? How long should I wait before I should be concerned? Anyone else have an experience like this?

What are the chances that they all got lost?
From our experiences, nothing has been lost yet, although I have seen some people said their letters/parcels lost during postal transportation on some websites. And are you sure the schools have sent them to you already?
Around 5 weeks ago I requested transcripts from the 3 universities I attended and asked for information from 10 graduate programs (all in the US).

I cannot understand this sentence very well, do you mean receiving things from US or from the universities in mainland China?

I cannot understand this sentence very well, do you mean receiving things from US or from the universities in mainland China?

I meant that all the universities in question are located in the US and I am in China. Yeah, I know that the schools already sent the transcripts. They sent them over a month ago, but I have only received one out of 3. Seems kind of strange.

One of my acceptance letters from a US school never made it to me in China, and i didn't find out until i called them up, so its very possible.

Wow. Does this happen often concerning correspondence with American schools?

My classmates and I frequently missed mail, from parcels to letters, so it's entirely possible that your mail is lost. You can wait a bit longer, or ask them to send it again.