Chinese-Forums

Can't get vocabulary list to work

crenz

After a bit of absence, I returned to take a look at newsinchinese.com and founds lots of great features to explore. Thanks!

I noticed that there is a vocab list at http://textbook.adsotrans.com/?q=node/2 where supposedly I can add vocab by clicking on ADSO popups. However, I haven't gotten it to work yet. I interpreted that as clicking on chinese words (since I can't click on the popups, they move away as I move the mouse :D ), but still, no words get added to the list. I'm using Firefox 2.

Is there anything that I need to enable/switch on first?

My fault not yours. I've just fixed the javascript so that NewsinChinese should work with the vocab lists too. You may need to completely refresh the page (shift+reload) to get things working, since your browser will need to update the latest javascript file, instead of using a locally cached one.

Thanks for the bug report. Let me know if you have any other problems.

Thanks, it now works very well! I only have one more issue: It also works when clicking on the article heading. Which might or might not be the reader's intent... So it seems that in order to look at a full article, I always have to add a word (and the word will be added even if it is already in my list, so that would be a second issue :-)).