Chinese-Forums

Pleco flashcards management - ask for advise

Long Pan

I am trying to organise my flashcards through a kind of matrix where each card is associated both to its nature (verb, noun, adjective, adverb, chengyu ...) and its field (sport, human body, business, politics, food, studies, medical,...). My idea is to use the "lists" in Pleco to distinguish the nature of the cards, and the "flags" for their fields (with the possibility to flag several time the same card)

For instance, 学 would be in the "verb" list with a flag "study" and 赢 (to win / to gain) also in the "verb" list, but flagged both as "sport" and "business"

The advantage of such a matrix is that I can make a session of all adjectives (whatever field) or a session on all business words (whatever the nature) - all that can be of course limited by the ranks and dates if necessary.

Another good point in managing such a system is that I have a reduced number of lists (which is a good news as the list management menu is not easy to manage in Pleco) and the fields selections (multiple choice), more numerous and more maybe more difficult to sort, can be directly manage within a flashcard session thanks to the very usefull "flag list" "extra info" option (in "test setting", for "extra info" add "Flag list" - then in the session you can directly change the flag of any card)

As I haven't started yet to sort it all (already 700 cards), does anybody could give me a feed back on their way to classify their cards. Or maybe also the "fields" they use (as I am calling it) to cover all subjects (I would like to reduce it to less than 20 flags).

Hope that this post is clear enough. Thanks for your help

(for a better exposure I also post this question in the Pleco Forum)