Chinese-Forums

Going to China to find a job

mrfup

Hi folks,

I read a lot in this forum about visa problems and so forth. But still I couldn't really figure out how to solve my own problem with this. I am going to Shanghai in a couple of weeks. My purpose is to find a job there, applying there in person if possible. So I don't have an employer right now. What kind of visa should I apply for? I won't get a one year F visa which allows me to stay for longer than 90 days. Working on L and F is illegal, at least thats what I got here. So I don't know why I should go for F anyway. Suppose I find an employer, having an L visa. Is it possible for the employer to get me such a residence permit or whatever you need to work legally? Where is the advantage of an F visa for someone like me?

Thanks for your help

mrfup

Good luck to find a job if you don't have guangxi. (I'm not talking of teaching job, that is easy).

Anyway, you can come on F visa, then when have a job, ask your company to applu for a Z visa for you.

Working on F is illegal, but my guess is 70% of expatriates work on F ;)

Is it possible for the employer to get me such a residence permit or whatever you need to work legally?

Only if they have the authority to employ foreigners. Most don't.

It would help if you could indicate what field you intend to look for work.