Chinese-Forums

《骄傲的将军》The Conceited General

foolip

This stuff is great fun. I've got a feeling I've said this before so forgive me if I'm repeating myself, but have you looked at getting Chineseblast.com to help out with the subtitling? It's the kind of thing they might be interested in.

The site owner necroflux and a few contributors also post on here - having had a look at the site it seems to be a little slower than it was in the past, but this is exactly the kind of thing they do.

• 3 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have searched for Chinese subtitles that would be easy to use but so far no luck. You might find them on the DVD version.

The site given for this video has the Chinese and English subtitles. The Chinese subtitles are contained in a ".sub" format file, a sort of image file. It is diffucult to convert Chinese subtitles in the ".sub" format to a text file. They have to be converted using an OCR program, there are few reliable OCR programs for Chinese.

That ".sub" file also contains the original English subtitles.

I suggest you watch the movie with Chinese subtitles and read the English text file.

On the site there is a separate English subtitle file (it is has been, modified / corrected)in the ".srt" format, a type of text file.

It will open in text editor and display as:

00:00:10,000 --> 00:00:16,000

The Conceited General

00:01:08,520 --> 00:01:10,240

The general returns victorious

00:01:59,679 --> 00:02:02,479

The general has fought bravely and won.

00:02:02,479 --> 00:02:04,709

It's truly magnificent!

If you use something like VLC player you open the video and then open the separate subtitles file (menu = video/subtitles/file)

VLC player is very useful for slowing down movies and for it's jump back, jump forward options.