Chinese-Forums

Learning Mandarin in Shanghai this summer, the nightmare of finding CLEAR info

z0rgg

Hello there

After doing a lot of research I couldn't find clear information about summer courses to learn Mandarin in most Shanghai unis' websites. Fudan, Sisu, Tongji, Jiaotong, Shanghai Normal, I tryed all of them. The websites are not only a labyrinth of links and endless curls, they don't use to provide any info at all about the exact duration AND schedule of the courses including the date they start and end, etc, nothing similar to a specific calendar. Or sometimes, they don't tell clear info about the residence, or the location of the campus where the programs are coursed. I emailed several of those unis requesting the info whose respective websites lack. None of them answered :evil:

The ONLY uni whose website provides clear info about the courses is Donghua. 10 points for them. So I'll probably go there. They provide a concrete schedule + clear info about the residence + the location of the campus where the short term is coursed + online appliance request, etc. Excellent :clap: But I have been told that Donghua is not very good, so I'd like to know about courses in other unis.

Maybe somebody here can help me :help:) Does anybody here have info about the schedule of summer courses in any of those unis I quoted? (Fudan, Sisu, etc). I'm interested in a 4-5 week course in any Shanghai college (the closer to the city center the better), starting not before july 1st and ending not after august 4th. Basically, a summer course for july. Please, please, help me. I really spent several hours in unsuccesfull searching :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...