Chinese-Forums

Japanese Cemetery in FangZheng County, Heilongjiang

aeskywan

Hello all, I am enquiring about the Japanese Cemetery located in FangZheng County, Heilongjiang. I would like to contact the officials and pay a visit for some research I am doing for a documentary about the Sino Japanese war. Would appreciate if some kind souls can point me in the right direction.

Thank you

Here is the story on sina.com, which might be useful for your research.

http://news.sina.com.cn/c/2005-09-07/13347704328.shtml

The detailed version of the cemetery is:

中国黑龙江省方正县城郊伊汉通乡的炮台山北麓

According to the story, the 伊汉通乡 (Yihantong Village) is 160 km from Harbin, and 8km from Fangzheng County.

Thank you so much Saiyo that was really helpful!

I was wondering if you know how can I get in touch with the Heilongjiang Provincial Academy of Social Sciences, Liaoning Academy of Social Sciences and Foreign Affairs Office of Fangzheng.

There are academics and officials there that I would like to contact and interview. Is there a kind of directory which I can get the phone numbers of these agencies?

Thank you.

Academia is always the best way to start such a research project:

Xin Peilin (辛培林), from Heilongjiang Provincial Academy of Social Sciences -- is reported to have accompanied many Japanese tour groups to the cemetery, and might be a good source.

http://www.ljwhxx.cn/zsbk/ljrw/xyzj/sky/200606060083.htm

Tel: 0451-86497741

For the whole academy: 0451-86677344,86677344,82458355,82458366 -- you may want to talk to people from "East Asian Studies" (东亚学) or "History" (历史) departments.

I didn't find a number for Fangzheng County's Foreign Affairs Office -- I personally doubt how much helpful they could be -- but the local number is 0451 too, so you may just dial 0451-114 to inquiry the number (Fangzhengxian Waiban).

Hope this helps!

• 2 weeks later...

I may be able to help you with this as well - we have an office in Harbin and can try to make the contacts for you. Sounds like a fascinating place that I would be interested in seeing too.

I will copy this to your email in case you don't see this.....