Chinese-Forums

Getting your palm repaired

xuechengfeng

This probably isn't the proper venue for this question, but I only use my Palm for Pleco purposes, so hey, maybe someone can help. I have a Zire 71 that I bought used online. When I was in Russia, something magically strange happened. I had my Palm in my front coat pocket, as well as my cell phone. When I took them out (I never fell or was bumped or anything), the cell phone screen was cracked and the Palm is seemingly ruined. The screen looks like a big black blob. You can see faint tracings of the applications, but for the most part, you cannot use it. Does anybody have any idea who fixes these things and if it even sounds fixable?

I suspect you would have to return it to Palm. Their repairs under warranty usually take a couple of weeks. However, if the item is out of warranty, then it may well cost you more to get it fixed than it did for you to buy the item used in the first place. :cry:

so it's a used unit so we're not talking guarantee repair then. In which case, I'm not even sure it's worth repairing a Z71 ( I own one with a dead battery). It's been discontinued eons ago and most certainly, the cost for repair is as bad if not higher than the cost for a new one.

I got mine fixed (guarantee) after emailing asia.techsupport@palm.com

try and send them an email asking for a place