Chinese-Forums

double-entry visa - duration of each stay

Pravit

I'm applying for a double-entry visa and plan to stay in China for 90 days(total), during this time, I might leave China and come back. What should I write for the duration of each stay? I just emailed "MyChinaVisa"(who I did the visa with last time) and they recommended writing 90 days for each stay, but I'm not sure if they understood the question. Does 90 days mean 90 days total, regardless of entries, or 90 days for each entry? Thanks.

Double entry or mulitple entry visas (L & F) are available for six months or twelve months. They just mention how many times you can leave and come back into the country with the same visa.

Multiple L visas are usually granted to those who have family members or who own real estate in China. Although not impossible, it is not very common for individual travellers to get multiple entry L visas.

If you apply for a multiple F visa, then I'd suggest you ask for 90 days between each entry. Better safe than sorry. :wink:

I've gone to Hong Kong (going to HK counts as leaving PRC) and returned the same day for visa reasons, so your 3-4 day trip will be fine.

Also, if you run into trouble with your visa you can always apply for a new one here (or in HK). But under no circumstance should you overstay your visa - that is just asking for trouble.