Chinese-Forums

Stream rippers

tsp_uk

Thanks for your replies but because I'm at the library right now I can't try SDP yet. This song I'm trying to rip does not contain a link, whenever I enter the site I have to press play...so no link for the address. Does SDP automatically detect the address?

Many thanks!

I just noticed that flashget, that I recommended above, is very good at downloading prerecorded clips over various protocols, but I think it does not actually do continuous streams. The bitstream needs to come to an end at some point before the data can actually be used. This is what I've gathered from playing around with it, but I'd love to be wrong on this so anyone, please give us a shout and correct me if I am.

SDP is good for mms, but it doesn't do rtsp yet. There is a note on their webpage that they plan to include it in the future but nothing about how soon to expect it. Worth keeping an eye on their webpage though.

So after all, I am actually interested too. Is there a free continuous rtsp stream ripper around?

• 2 weeks later...
I've tried looking at the source page and trying to find "mms" but nothing pops up at all...

File name is encoded:

"aAB0AHQAcAA6AC8ALwBtADEALgBUAGkAbgBnAGkAbgBnAC4AYwBvAG0ALwBlADoALwBNAHUAcwBpAGMALwDlZemXc1lMa0tiLwBRAC8A74OfUwtnjn8vAHMAdABvAHIAeQB0AGUAbABsAGkAbgBnAC8ATABPAFYARQAgAEkAUwAgAEEATABMACAATQBVAFMASQBDACgAbgBlAHcAIABtAGkAeAApAC4AdwBtAGEA"

That decodes into:

http://m1.Tinging.com/e:/Music/日韩女歌手/Q/華原朋美/storytelling/LOVE IS ALL MUSIC(new mix).wma

right click, save as....

I've been using flashget since it was recommended above - very useful thanks!

Since then I found Switch for converting audio to my mp3 player. I've found it really user friendly, simple, and free - there is a paid-for version, but the free version does what I need (convert to mp3). They also have other free tools: I used Slice for splitting audio files, and WavePad for editing audio files.

Anyone know of a good stream ripper that can run on a MAC? I know VLC can do this, but its very ustable and doesn't work half of the time. IS there a way on a mac to direct download the MMS stream? If so I could easily convert a .wma and convert it into .mp3

Thanks!

To Quest: I'm interested to know how you get the decoded result? Any software to work that out? Very curious to aquire this knowledge, if you don't mind enlightening me. Thanks! :)

Thank you for you prompt reply, Quest.:)

However, I must be too dumb to understand you. Did you mean I had to rewrite something in the original HTML Code as you displayed in "so you do the same..." part, so I got the link to download the music? Or what? I've tried that, but didn't see anything come out. :cry: