Chinese-Forums

Help Finding Apple Service Center (among other things)

boiten_valise

So, this always seem to happen to me. I bring my laptop and for no apparent reason, breaks on me as soon as I reach another country.

I have a nice, relatively new Macbook whose dvd drive isn't being recognized. I've tried everything, but my CD's stuck, it won't come out, and my computer's dvd player is broke. I like the idea of sticking in a cd into a laptop making it sleek and cool, but practically, it has been nothing but trouble for me personally.

Anyways, I need to get it fixed. Is there anyone who can direct me to a apple repair shop. I'm still under warranty so it should be free right? My Chinese is really limited so it would be extra cool if we could meet up somewhere fairly easy to get to and go there together but if not, that's ok. I just want to get my computer fixed and I'll go by taxi if necessary.

Also, this may sound a bit odd, but is there anywhere I can get exercise equipment like a step board, handweights, and a scale? You'd think they would be easy to find, but I'm not the best at hide and seek.

Finally, are there any verizon wireless users here? If so, can I have some advice? Should I sign up for i-dial and accept the roaming charges as necessary or should I buy a new phone, get a sims card, then get a pay as you go plan? I'm looking for the cheapest method basically.

Ok, I lied. One more question. 100 rmb = 12 USD or something like that. However, is 100 rmb quite a lot of money in China? Like I was buying an electronic chinese to english, english to chinese dictionary that was around 250 rmb. Logically speaking, it was around $30 but I just had a terrible feeling like I just spent a lot of money when I should have gone the good ol fashion way and bought a book. So...?

I know this is a lot of questions, but I've just arrived in Beijing, can't speak a lot of chinese let alone read any of it, and so would like some help from the experts. Mainly about my Mac though.

Thanks a lot!

P.S. could I also get my ipod earphones replaced here too? It's still under warranty as well.

Thanks again.