Chinese-Forums

Paid subscription problems

roddy

This is only relevant to people who donate to the forums via the subscriptions and who set up a recurring subscription via Paypal.

It seems that while the first payment works fine and allows you to activate the 'Forums Supporter' tag under your user name if you want to, subsequent payments aren't being logged by the forums software and you lose that tag. I've gone through the payments manually and think I've fixed this for everyone it should be fixed for, but it's quite possible I missed a couple as I can't always tie up paypal email addresses with forums users easily.

So if you have a) paid, B) can't activate the 'Forums Supporter' tag here and c) want to, let me know and I'll fix it for you with apologies.

The paid subscriptions, for anyone who's interested, come with absolutely no extra privileges bar the little tag under the user name (which is optional). I don't make them very prominent as costs are easily covered by advertising, but the function is there for anyone who wants it - just be aware that your money will not be spent on bandwidth and hosting costs, it will be spent on beer.

just be aware that your money will not be spent on bandwidth and hosting costs, it will be spent on beer.

I love honesty... but I love a person who spreads the wealth even more... :wink: so beers on Roddy... :lol: