Chinese-Forums

Looking for a room - Kunming, November 07

cliveloughlin

Hi all

I am moving to Kunming at the start of November 2007 and will be looking for a room. I am a 26 (then 27) year old UK guy and will study Chinese at Yunnan Normal Uni.

I would prefer to live in a house with at least some young Chinese people as (obviously!) my main goal for being in Kunming is to improve my Mandarin. I'm not picky about where people come from but non-English speakers would be great.

Being poor, I am looking for a cheap room - would prefer 24 hour hot water, furnishings, a single room and would like to be located close(-ish) to Yunnan Normal. My budget probably could not exceed 500RMB/month (I have heard it is very possible to get a room in a shared house for 400RMB in Kunming). We could discuss the lease/rental period.

I have considered the Chinese student dorms at YNNU but I'm put off by the fact that showers are not available in the morning!

If you expect to have a space, or know anyone else who may, please let me know. I will be in Kunming in August to register at the Uni so I'd be able to go to have a look at that time.

Thanks in advance!

Best wishes

Clive

• 2 months later...