Chinese-Forums

Winter intensive Mandarin courses in China

keith

Beijing Normal University allows you to enroll for a semester in the college of Chinese Language and Culture to take Chinese classes. It lasts from September-December. It's reasonably priced with tuition at $1400 and board I think around half that.

They have a study abroad page at www.bnulxsh.com

i think both Beida and BCLU are very good...BCLU is more known for teaching foreigners Chinese though. Beida has less foreign students and is one of the top universities in China, while BCLU is not a s prestigious (from a Chinese perspective)...prices are about the same, so I would just pick one

keith - Beijing Normal is the one the London School of Oriental and African Studies sends their second year students to for the full year. Since SOAS is supposedly one of the best places in the UK to learn Chinese, it can't be too bad if they have linked up with them :)

I have gone to both Beida and BLCU. BLCU does have winter courses but you might consider Beijing Normal as well. Beida has no winter courses.

Having studied in three different schools, I don't think it really matters where you study as long as you get out to chat with the locals and study hard after classes. BLCU offers great opps for friendship...with other foreign students...