Chinese-Forums

Assignment Help

zupreem

Hi, i am taking a Chinese Language and Society class at my university and for my final assignment i am supposed to interview a native Chinese speaker about culture and language. I have about 15 questions if anyone would like to help me out and answer them as best they can. ANy help would be much appreciated. Again, i do not know if this is the most appropriate place to post this.

Here are the questions:

Name:

Time you lived in China:

Where in China did you live?

How would you describe the transition from learning English in China to learning English in the United States?

Is the English language taught in public schools?

What is school in china like? How long is the school year? How long do most people attend school?

Do you think Chinese is a relatively difficult language to learn? Do you think that Chinese language should be reformed?

China’s population is 1/5th of the world’s total population; what influence, if any, do you think China will have on society in years to come?

Do you have any favorite Chinese characters?

Do you know any common Chinese expressions? Do you have any favorite expressions?

Does the Chinese language have any slang words?

Do you communicate in Chinese often while in the United States?

What is a woman’s role and position in Chinese society today?

Do you have an opinion about the one-child policy?

What do Chinese kids do for fun? What do Chinese people do for fun? Is their any difference between what Chinese people do for fun and what Americans do for fun?

Let me answer your questions.

Name:

-Jin

-Male

Time you lived in China:

Where in China did you live?

-Beijing

How would you describe the transition from learning English in China to learning English in the United States?

-I don't know what you mean.

Is the English language taught in public schools?

-All of the students learn English in public schools by law. And more and more pepole include the adult learn it out of school.

What is school in china like? How long is the school year? How long do most people attend school?

-Some school is bad and some is perfect. Generally,we spent 16 years in scholl util graduated from university. Begin school life at 5-7 years old.

Do you think Chinese is a relatively difficult language to learn? Do you think that Chinese language should be reformed?

-I think French is more difficult maybe, haha. I love ancient Chinese. Modern Chinese lost some culture and taste.

China’s population is 1/5th of the world’s total population; what influence, if any, do you think China will have on society in years to come?

-It is a big question. And we hope every people can get better life. It's a great chanllege to the people,the goverment and the world.

Do you have any favorite Chinese characters?

-Liu Bei

Do you know any common Chinese expressions? Do you have any favorite expressions?

-?

Does the Chinese language have any slang words?

-of course. a lot of

Do you communicate in Chinese often while in the United States?

-I have never been USA

What is a woman’s role and position in Chinese society today?

-Women have more privilege then men , I think so.

Do you have an opinion about the one-child policy?

-agree !! It is important policy.

What do Chinese kids do for fun? What do Chinese people do for fun? Is their any difference between what Chinese people do for fun and what Americans do for fun?

-Kids play computer , PS ,etc. I like talbe tennis, biliards. Some people like spend their night time in club. too many activities I can't list all.

If more detail , mail or msn bjkingfan@hotmail.com . :)