Chinese-Forums

Translate AND Pinyin At The Same Time?

waynewalter

In the adsotrans.com advanced button you only allow a selection of either pinyin or translate.

It would be ideal for you to allows multiple choices. I envision entering something like this (screenplay of To Live) to get back what follows:

00:02:15,668 --> 00:02:17,465

福贵少爷 您又输了

-----------------------------------Desired Results from Adso-----------------------------------

00:02:15,668 --> 00:02:17,465

fú guì shǎoyé nín yòu shūle

福 贵 少爷 您 又 输 了

good fortune expensive childe you once again transport

I made a mock up of a web page that does this (not the backend just the CSS) using a

for each word with "float: left;" positioning in the CSS.

It wraps around the lines nicely. Unfortunately if you copy and paste it to a text Editor like Word, the divs don't translate. But I could really use this by just printing it off the web page.

My purpose is to do this to move screen plays and then watch the move and follow the translated, pinyin text to help pick up words and pronunciation.

NOTE: I have a dedicated server and care about this enough to contribute fiddling with the code for you to get it working.

Basically my idea is to offer check boxes instead of radio buttons. Then for each one someone picks. I suggest we allow no more than 3 choices.

Any thoughts?

Sincerely,

Wayne Walter

Thanks for your answer trevelyan!

Actually, since the scheme above can't be pasted into Word or other documents easily, it turns our there's a better way.

It would be easier show the Chinese, Pinyin, and English, side-by-side in columns.

That's how I'm doing it now. By keeping one sentence per row, it works nicely.

On the adsotrans site, you can just have it display a

That's also compatible with all browsers.

Sincerely,

Wayne

• 2 years later...