Chinese-Forums

Want to study in china

mason12

Hi i am 16 years old, almost 17 and i have a keen interest in china and the chinese language. I am interested in studying chinese in china as soon as possible as i feel that somehow i can relate better to chine, even though i have never been there in my life!

I am keen to start soon because to study chinese at university you need to have demonstrated your language ability, which would mean i have to study A levels in tedious French of which i have no current interest.

Please could someone advise me on what qualfications i would need, what is the best course for my age range etc.

Thankyou

At your age, I'm assuming you're still in high school. The best long-term bet is an intensive summer camp. You can probably find a legit program online in Beijing or Shanghai for 6 - 8 weeks. That will at least get your foot in the door.

Otherwise, once you finish high school (if you haven't already), come over and teach English as a means to support your studies. That seems to be what a lot of people are doing these days.

Thanks for that, i dont suppose you know of any reputable courses that are offered either by universities or organisations etc.

Also when it does come to studying at a university in china firstly is it absoloutly essential that you hae a guarantor living in china and secondly do you know what the stndard entry requirements are for a long term course in mandarin chinese?

Thanks