Chinese-Forums

该死的HSK

muyongshi

I will be taking the HSK 初,中 in three days time and honestly I have no clue what I am in for. Couple months ago did the practice test of the website and thought hey okay no problem just need to brush up on the 综合 part and then I can do fine. Bought a few books, typical routine, and now three months later I am doing worse overall and some days I just want to jump out of my 6th floor classroom I am so frustrated.

What is the test REALLY like? The 综合 every now and then seems easy and then it switches and I have no clue what they are talking about. On all the practice stuff I can usually get at least a 7, many times an 8 but on the comprehensive I think the highest I've gotten was one point away from getting a six. I don't NEED this in a way but because it all comes out and I can only get the lowest I want at least a 6 but dang it, I don't feel like this test accurately reflects my level.

I am getting ready to go test and I have no confidence and no clue what to expect. Is suicide an option? Not because I'm depressed but to get my brain to quit thinking about these things!:help

If you're pretty confident abt your level of Chinese then I suggest instead of cramming you get a good night's sleep the night before so you can concentrate during the tingli which goes pretty quick and is a one-shot deal that can take you by surprise if you're not alert and at your best.

If you haven't done so already, i suggest you get a tingli sample test CD and at least do a quick run-through to familiarize yourself with the format. Though I got an 8 overall on my HSK i only got a 7 on tingli, because like you I didn't really study for the test and didn't know what to expect so I wasn't mentally prepared.

Let me clarify. I have done practice questions in all the sections and in terms of format feel very prepared. I usually score around an 8 in the listening, reading and grammar but in the comprehensive no higher than a 5.

Its the comprehensive that throws me off. It just seems totally different than everything else and I just don't know if the test is the same as the practice questions in the sense of difficulty.