Chinese-Forums

Help needed: Summer Language Course in Shanghai

chinin

Hello,

I'm a Dutch student who wishes to follow a summer language course in Shanghai. After having looked for information, I called the International Students Office of East China Normal University (ECNU) about a summer program.

They said that they have a summer program in 2007, but I can't find it anywhere on their website (not in Chinese version nor English). My question is: does anybody know whether there indeed is a summer course at ECNU, or is it safer to enroll for the summer course at Fudan university?

And oh yeah, does anybody knows how long it takes to get to the centre of Shanghai from the Fudan university?

I hope you guys can help me out, I would be really grateful, thanks!

International Students Office of East China Normal University (ECNU) said that they have a summer program in 2007, but I can't find it anywhere on their website (not in Chinese version nor English).

Take a look at this page:

http://lxs.ied.ecnu.edu.cn/site/envision/enlong.htm

Short-term Students Recruitment

Summer course Chinese course 1 Chinese course2

does anybody knows how long it takes to get to the centre of Shanghai from the Fudan university

It's about 40 minutes by car, I think.

Here's map showing where Fudan is:

http://ditu.google.cn/maps?f=q&hl=zh-CN&q=%E5%A4%8D%E6%97%A6%E5%A4%A7%E5%AD%A6&ie=UTF8&ll=31.132314,121.421585&spn=0.428469,0.6427&z=11&om=1

And a map with East China Normal University (ECNU):

http://ditu.google.cn/maps?f=q&hl=zh-CN&q=%E5%A4%8D%E6%97%A6%E5%A4%A7%E5%AD%A6&ie=UTF8&ll=31.132314,121.421585&spn=0.428469,0.6427&z=11&om=1

• 2 weeks later...

Jiaotong may be near XuJiaHui (line 1) but ECNU is by ZhongShan Park (line 2, 3, AND 4). ECNU is closer to Nanjing Lu/People's Square and both are about the same distance to Huai Hai Lu. Unless your definition of "center of Shanghai" is different than mine, I'd place my bets with ECNU for accessibility.

On my map, JiaoTong is closer to People's Square than ECNU.

I think being in a walking distance to XuJiaHui is more convenient to have to take lines 2/3/4 to go anywhere. And you still can use the line 1 if needed.

Anyway, these two (JiaTong & ECNU) are much closer to the centre than Fudan.