Chinese-Forums

Paying for materials in China

nataly27

Dear All,

I would like to get your advice in buying materials abroad, in particular, China. My partner is in China now, he has found out some materials for our house, which we wish to purchase.

An agent, who helps him there is advising him to pay money into the agent’s account, then when materials are ready, the agent will pay to suppliers. Can we trust him? If we decide to do so, what is the best way to have proof that my partner paid money to the agent?:help

The other thing, I wish to ask you what is IN CHINA other than a written note on an old piece of paper, for instance with a notary, witness, or something here.

I have read a lot about Letter of Credit, although I think it is complicated, if you buy from different suppliers.

My partner can pay a deposit to some suppliers, when he is still there, but who will chase them, if they do not deliver on time?

Could you tell me what in the best way of paying in China with a minimum of risks?

If someone has been in similar situation, could you possibly answer?

Thank you for your time.

Thank you All in advance!

Best regards,

Nataly