Chinese-Forums

Marketing and Public Relations

Rincewind

I co-manage a small private language school. I want to boost the quality of the marketing by building better relations with the local press. In the west, I'd do this through a number of systems, one of which would be to issue press releases about the schools activities. In the UK and USA, press releases have a stick format that should be used to ensure that your announcement is taken professionally. I was wondering if the format is different for press releases in china? Can I simply translate my UK styled release into Chinese text and send it in or do I have to alter anything else?

Additionally, any other suggestions on how to market a school would be helpful. If any teachers have notes about what the school they work for does for marketing, that would help also.

In my experience (which is very limited) you pay a local paper and they print the article you wrote for them. Also important is getting your teachers in the public eye - get them giving free demonstration lessons at local middle schools, judging English competitions, doing interviews on local TV.

And your teachers will love you for it.