Chinese-Forums

Any reliable visa agencies in Beijing?

aeroo

Can anyone recommend any reliable visa agencies in Beijing? Need to get an F visa extended. We are planning to travel around China after our class ends and were told by our school that we have two options for the visa: leave China and re-enter, or go to a visa agency to get our current F visa extended. Since leaving the country is not an option for us, we'll likely go through the agency route. I've heard a few bad stories though, and would like to know of a reliable agency. Has anyone used one of these before?

Why is it not possible to get a tourist visa in the country after you finish your classes? This seems logical to me since I know many people who would like to visit China after classes are finished. I thought they wanted to encourage tourism in China?! Why make things so complicated? Just one of the many things that don't make sense here...:roll:

Why is it not possible to get a tourist visa in the country after you finish your classes? This seems logical to me since I know many people who would like to visit China after classes are finished. I thought they wanted to encourage tourism in China?! Why make things so complicated? Just one of the many things that don't make sense here...

I thought you could...

But sorry I don't live in Beijing so I have no clue what hoops you have to jump through.

Presumably you're located in Beijing? You could always try going to the PSB yourself and applying for the extension. It's not difficult, but plan on spending a couple of hours waiting in lines. It will probably also help if you can take someone who speaks Chinese. Their website is here and they are located halfway between the Andingmen and Yonghegong subway stations. Here is a map detailing where they are (the green arrow). Basically just get off at the Andingmen station (come out the SE exit) and keep walking east until you see it. The address in Chinese and English is:

北京市公安局出入境管理处, 东城区安定门东大街2号

No. 2, Dongdajie, Andingmen, Dongcheng District, Beijing

I'm an American from California. When I first came here I only had a tourist visa. I used John on a recommendation from an old colleague. His telephone number is 13801079758. His English isn't that great but I have friends that have used him for over 10 years so there's no reason to worry about handing your passport over for a week while he fixes up whatever visa you want.

Cheers,

Johnny

Localnoodles.com

As far as I'm aware, once your study visa expires you can convert this at the PSB into a tourist visa very easily. This is because many people complete their studies then want to travel around a bit.

I'm in a similar yet a little different situation. My Residence Permit (the one in the passport, which is based on an X visa) expires at the end of August, and I'd like to stay in China another month. According to my school, and also after calling the Beijing PSB, my understanding is that based on that, I would NOT be able to stay another month.

I don't know anything about visa agencies, or whether an F visa has the same limitations. My situation is also a little different because my wife is Chinese, so based on that (according to what the PSB person told my wife on the phone), I will be able to stay another 6 month to a year. I haven't gone there yet to get the new visa, so I can't be absolutely sure until I actually see it in my passport.

If anyone wants to call them, the number in Beijing is 8402-0101, but I don't know if they speak English.

• 2 weeks later...

Today I went to the Beijing PSB to extend my visa as described in the previous post (current student resident permit expires at the end of August and I want to stay another month, my wife is Chinese). At first they said no. Then my wife called the PSB number and they again said that it is OK. After my wife insisted, the guy at the PSB also said OK, but I need to bring another form from the school that I finished studying, and they can only give me 2 months. This means I have to wait until the end of July in order to get the visa until the end of September, if they don't change their mind again.

My questions are:

1. Can a visa agency help? How much do they charge and how do I know if I can trust them?

2. If I must go to Hong Kong to get a new visa, what is the process of getting it there? How long do I need to stay in Hong Kong? How easy is it to get a 2 month or 3 month tourist visa to China in Hong Kong?

2. If I must go to Hong Kong to get a new visa, what is the process of getting it there? How long do I need to stay in Hong Kong? How easy is it to get a 2 month or 3 month tourist visa to China in Hong Kong?
In HK, you can get a 6-months multiple F-visa in a day - might not be possible if you are US-American, though.

Search for JTA if you need a cheap, but reliable agency down there.

Hello,

It is our great pleasure to help you. According to some Chinese regulations, for X visa holder,the best way is to convert it to a F visa (3 month, 6 month). If you convert it to a L visa, your longest valid date is 26-27 days, when it finish you have to leave China. There are no ways to extend it.

The documents are needed:

1 Your passport

2 Two passport photos (2-inch, white background)

3 Registration Form of Tempoary Residence issued by the local police station in Beiijing

4 Diploma certificate issued by the university,which issue X visa for you.

The processing time is :7--8 working days

If you have further question about Chinese visa & driving license, please feel free to contact us:

Tel:13269236212

Email:20088shoudubeijing@163.com

In HK, you can get a 6-months multiple F-visa in a day - might not be possible if you are US-American, though.

gougou, why would it be a problem for a US citizen to get the F visa? The JTA agency you mentioned also doesn't deal with US passports according to their web site (http://www.jta.biz/chinavisa/china_visa.htm).

Also, don't you need an invitation letter to get an F visa, or does the visa agency just make it up for you?

Regarding agencies, I wouldn't give my passport to someone who only has a cell phone number and email address. I saw 2 ads in the classified section that at least had a decent web site and an office address, but how do I know if those are legit, either?

Having different regulations for American citizens is just retaliation for every injustice China ever had to suffer from American hands. It might change after 2050, when China finally replaces the US as the world's number one economic power, so don't despair!

You don't need an invitation letter in HK, a lot of things are possible there that are impossible on the mainland. I only needed my passport, a photo and my name (written out on a little slip of paper). As for agencies, I can ensure you that the JTA returned my passport - but then again, maybe they just didn't like the picture.