Chinese-Forums

what's the most difficult part of your Chinese learning?

kelvinzhao

I think taking classes is a waste of time and money.

A bit of a broad and I believe mostly wrong statement to make... mostly wrong because I agree that if the class is bad it is a waste of time and money... however if the class (and mainly the teacher) is good then its much more beneficial that some random Chinese "friend" you may find online... jmho...

Apart from difficulties mentioned by others (writing is extremely difficult, no doubt), I'd like to mention that listening to Chinese is difficult to me because of the shortness of words and a large number of similar sounding words or syllables. No, pronunciation is not that difficult, even tones, but making sense of long sentences spoken at normal rate is still a big challenge for me.

I have several friends who have good command on spoken English and much knowledge on teaching Chinese, maybe I can head them here and make foreign friends here. who wanna make a Chinese friends ? pls send your email address to me via msg in this site, and it will be great if you can note your location and free time period in the msg.