Chinese-Forums

Looking for a map of China with pinyin names

Rrina

Hi all -

I'm taking the FSI online course. I'm still on the first module, where they make you study the map of China with the pinyin names. The map is from the early 70s, of course, but I saw someplace that the names of the provinces have changed in many cases.

I'd love to see a more recent map with the names in pinyin. If there is one online, I'd appreciate someone pointing it to me. Or even a map with pinyin and the names in traditional characters as well, since I do hope to learn the characters as well. Thanks. :)

I would not have posted without first searching google [and the forums]. I should have said explicitly that I did search already, but I can''t find any with the tone marks. I'll look further. If anyone has a specific link to a map with pinyin AND tone marks, I'd appreciate a pm then..Thanks

Thanks - I'm using the one muyongshi linked to, printing, expanding and adding the place names in full in pinyin... A handcraft indeed. :) Though not as pretty. I rather like this part of FSI where they teach you the place names. I've seen some comments that the course is dry or boring but I really like it. Thanks again.

If this is only for your learning, can't you use an English map and lookup Chinese characters and pinyin?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Political_divisions_of_China

# Ānhuī (安徽)

# Fújiàn (福建)

# Gānsù (甘肃)

# Guǎngdōng (广东)

# Guìzhōu (贵州)

China_administrative.png

Stdmapchina4.gif

• 1 month later...

This clickable map should not be missed, excellent site for looking up Chinese writing of foreign geographical names:

http://maps.lidicity.com/

worldmap2.gif

It gives details info when clicking on a country

E.g China:

安徽 Ānhuī 139,900平方公里 合肥 Héféi

福建 Fújiàn 123,100平方公里 福州 Fúzhōu

甘肃 Gānsù 366,500平方公里 兰州 Lánzhōu

广东 Guǎngdōng 197,100平方公里 广州 Guǎngzhōu

贵州 Guìzhōu 174,000平方公里 贵阳 Guìyáng

It's worth adding to the Chinese resource, IMHO.