Chinese-Forums

Aany good upper intermediate classes/tutors in Shanghai?

rbrooks

I'm in Shanghai now. I'm having trouble to find a place that offers classes to upper intermediate level students. Most of the schools do a good job on the earlier levels but they dont seems to have enough students or even past experience in teaching the higher levels. I've tried 1 on 1 before but it's only good for chatting practice -- most of the tutors cannot bring across new information well. Can anyone give me a recommendation?

Thanks!

what do you mean by "upper intermediate"?

If you wanna improve your Spoken Chinese, I suggest you to talk more with native Chinese speaker. Practice is your best tutor

For so called upper intermediate class, you'd better consult some universities in Shanghai, such as East China Normal University, or Fudan, Jiaotong University

You can try Taipei Language Institute in Shanghai. Their charge for 1-on-1, however, is a bit steep at RMB124 per hour.

http://www.chinese-center.com/courses/individual.asp

Or you can try calling these tutors who advertise on Zhantai.com.

http://www.zhantai.com/cgi-bin/search?region=sh&area=&group=T&keywords_i=%B6%D4%CD%E2&cat=74

06-23 [提供] 对外汉语教学 (淮海公园)

06-11 对外汉语 教师Chinese Tutor

06-09 语文,数学,物理,化学,英语,日语,音乐,书法,对外汉语 (华东理工)