Chinese-Forums

Help me with Chinese name, please :) (different matter)

Foundinhell

I started this thread in the Grammar & Vocabulary section, but I don't know if it was the correct forum for that. :( You might want to read there to understand me better in this matter.

(btw, thank you so much to all of you who answered, it helped a lot!)

Anyway, I have a different matter this time :oops:

The thing is... I don't know if I'm comfortable with "Kim lan".The reason to why I wanted to change my name in first place was, not only because I feel more Chinese or that I feel more at home when it comes to the Chinese culture. I put pride in that I'm Chinese, even tho my mom says Chinese people are evil :wink: And I want to honor both sides. I won't replace my current name, just add the Chinese name as first name. I will keep my current name as second name.

Also the reason to why I wanted to change my name is that my current name sounds very boyish here in Scandinavia. And I've always wanted to change since I was a little kid. :(

Now the problem is... the name he picked out, it didn't really click for me. :/ The meaning of the name was really pretty but I also wanted the name to sound cute and feminine. And I wanted it preferably in Mandarin.

This is were I want help... Help me come up with a name, please ^^

what I've understood (my mom also confirmed it), my father wants my name to contain something that has to do with wealth and fortune, and I want it to be really cute ^^

If you could come up with ideas of names, I will show the ones I like the most to my father and so maybe he could pick one of those, and both with be happy ^____^

Thank you soo much if you want to help me! ^^

at first ,i am sorry that my English is so poor that I don't catch your words completely,I just know that you need a chinese name which more like the girls,so based on your name ,i get a chinese name :柯兰(ke1 lan2 ),柯(ke1)is the first name,and 兰(lan2)just means orchid,it's a typical chinese name.

and i am a chinese ,and my English is poor ,i want to find a channel of communication with you

How about 裕美 (Yumei)? It is actually a Japanese name (pronounced Hiromi in Japanese), but it also works in Chinese. Currently there is a half Japanese/Chinese singer (a young girl) in HK who has this name. Another Japanese singer (a man) who was very famous years ago also has this name (so it is kind of unisex).

I think the name is beautiful/cute/feminine, and it contains wealth (裕) and beauty (美). The only shortcoming is that it sounds a bit Japanese. But some Chinese and Korean also have this name.

gougou

I have thought about it, and it does sound a little cuter. And trust me, I have thought about it too, that I shouldn't go against my fathers decision. But if I don't feel comfortable with my new name I could as well keep my old one :(

tsp0650

That's pretty too, but I don't know if it sounds so feminine in Europe, where I live. If you have more ideas for a cute name, I'd gladly listen ^^

skylee

Aww, that's so cute ^^ I like it very much.

(...)but I also wanted the name to sound cute and feminine. (...) my father wants my name to contain something that has to do with wealth and fortune, and I want it to be really cute ^^
Well, Jin/Kim means gold, so you have the wealth and fortune, and Lan is quite feminine in my opinion. You sure you don't just want to keep that?
And I wanted it preferably in Mandarin.
That would be Jinlan.