Chinese-Forums

Help for Documentary Film about Little Expats

maxiao

Hi, I work for a film company in Shanghai and have been shooting a documentary about foreign families in China called 'Little Expats'. We were due to start shooting an American family living in a small village but they have pulled out at the last minute.

I am now desparately searching for a new family who fits the criteria of living and working in China but in a relatively isolated and rural area (to contrast with an urban Shanghai family I've already filmed).

If anyone knows such a family and is willing to give me an introduction, or has any advice on places and ways to find such a family, I would be very grateful!

Many thanks

Matt

www.brightshadowfilms.com

Hi Matt-

I used to teach at a middle school in Hengshan, Hunan called Ou Yang Yu experimental middle school. I would definately consider it relatively isolated and rural. You might want to get in touch with them to see if there are any Americans currently teaching there--they get new ones every year although the program has changed somewhat since I was there. Their website seems to be down (www.ouyangyu.net) but the Vice Principals e-mail is:

[see below]. (Speaks Chinese only.)

I will be coming to China for a visit in August with my 6 year old daughter, and we'll be travelling to Zhuzhou, Hunan to visit my in-laws. I lived and worked (and got married) there back in 1995. Fabulous experience.

Feel free to contact me at maoziboo@yahoo.com.

Good luck with your project.

removed an email address - please don't post those without owners consent