Chinese-Forums

Xbox Live in China?

fourmat

Anyone know if you can use xbox live in China?

A friend of mine (who lives in Shanghai) told me:

"I think because none of the major console makers officially sell there consoles in China, they're all just shipped in from Japan and US and chipped illegally, therefore Microsoft dont offer a Live service. Not sure though."

If someone has tried and knows for sure either way I'd be really grateful.

Thanks in advance!

I'm not sure, but I would think that if you were able to connect to the Live network through a proxy, MS wouldn't know that you're in China.

Also, if you're thinking of bringing over a console from the US, keep in mind that China uses the PAL television standard. So your NTSC games won't work unless you get a dual-mode TV.

There is also the issue of region locking, but if you get your console chipped you won't have to worry about this.

thanks mate. was thinking about getting a chipped one in China or HK but Im from UK so we use PAL anyway :mrgreen:

do you mean just try to connect to European servers from China? I was thinking that, but I guess my ping would be pretty high...