Chinese-Forums

What are the radicals for these characters?

antoineblanche

Hello everyone:

I am a new member here. I am very glad to find this forum and hope to learn a lot from all of you.

I am not Chinese but am interested in learning the language. I am learning to identify the radicals in Chinese. I have been trying to identify the radicals of the characters shown in the pictures below without much success. Please help me. Thank you very much.

Character%201.jpg

(I tried radical "hand" and could not find any character that would resemble it)

Character%202.jpg

(I am not sure if the radical for this character is "man". If it is, does the character mean "deceiving"?)

I am learning to identify the radicals in Chinese. I have been trying to identify the radicals of the characters shown in the pictures below without much success.
The charactes in those pictures are in running script calligraphy, it takes some experience to read those. As a beginner, perhaps you can start with printed text, much easier. You can move on to reading things like these when you have a bit of a basis.

Thank you, rootfool and Lu.

rootfool, for some unknown reasons, I can only read the character 榜 and its root 木. For the second character, both the character and its root you gave me appear to me as squares (义). Could you tell me what the English equivalent of the second character?

I think I have found the English explanation for the above character:

"a notice or announcement; a list of names; public roll of successful examinees"

both the character and its root you gave me appear to me as squares (义).
It seems like your computer is set up to read only traditional characters. Can you see this character: ? It's YI4, the traditional equivalent of , which you said you couldn't see. It's primary meaning is "meaning", among others.

I don't know if it works but try this:

From your screen (I assume it's Internet Explorer), go to VIEW, go to ENCODING. From here, try clicking on SIMPLIFIED CHINESE (there may be more than one or none) and see if the display is corrected.

Good luck!

Thanks, HashiriKata. I got it. I used a traditional Chinese dictionary to read a simplified character. With the character you gave me below, I was able to find it in my dictionary.

The radical (in English) is "goat"

The meaning is, as you said, "meaning". It also means "justice", "rightousness"

Many thanks to all of you for making me feel welcome. I hope to learn a lot more from you.

Cheers:)