Chinese-Forums

Internet / Mail order for PDAs? (In China)

ipsi()

I need a new Palm OS PDA (Preferably a Treo, because that's just cool), but I can't find one in Qingdao. In fact, I don't know if there's anywhere in the whole of Shandong that sells them... I had a look on the Palm website for Chinese resellers. The only one listed in Shandong was in Weifang. Had my girlfriend give them a call this morning, and they no longer stock them. Crap.

So, does anyone have an suggestions for me? My current PDA has died, so getting a new one, and soon, would be really, really good. I can get MS ones here, no problem, it seems, but there's a couple of problems: One, apparently most of the Microsoft ones use the Chinese version of Windows CE or Mobile or whatever. That's useless to me. Two: I've got the Palm version of Plecodict, and have no desire to pay more money in order to get it working on a Pocket PC (despite the fact that they offer a hefty discount, I'd still rather not pay...).

I'm also basically unable to leave Qingdao due to personal reasons, and a lack of knowledge about how to get from A to B, let alone A to D :).

So does anyone have any suggestions on how I might go about purchasing a PDA from somewhere reliable? The price is unlikely to matter too much to me, as a Treo 650 sells for 5400RMB (NZ$900) and a Treo 680 for 6000RMB (NZ$1000) in New Zealand. So even a relatively expensive one in China is still likely cheaper than buying one when I get home in a couple of months.

Haven't tried that. Have heard some good things and some bad things about it (on this very forum I believe).

I will have a look later on tonight, though I suspect that I'll need my girlfriend to do most of the work for me :(

Yeah, I've heard that. I've had an offer for a used Treo 650, which I'm thinking about, and will probabl go for barring some other interesting event (and yes, I do have reason to believe they're trustworthy. They've been around on the boards for slightly longer than "Just joined" :) )

Hmm... I eventually found a place that, while they didn't sell them, said they'd be happy to order a Treo 680 in for me, at a price of 2750 RMB. My girlfriend seems to think this is all fine and good, and I've got no way of knowing any better, so meh. 2750 does sound a little cheap, though.

Apparently most Chinese use Windows, for whatever reason, which seems a bit strange to me.