Chinese-Forums

HSK Fall 2007

jjack

I am thinking of taking the HSK in November of 2007 in the US. I am shooting for level 6 on the elementary/intermediate test.

Two questions:

1) I've read that they are changing the format of the HSK starting in 2007. Does anyone know if that is true?

2) The HSK Database that is located here: http://www.chinese-forums.com/vocabulary/ -- it lists 4 different levels of vocab. How do those levels relate to the test? I'm still trying to figure out the maze that is the HSK. Do those 4 levels correspond to the levels on the Basic test? That doesn't seem possible.

Anyway, thanks for any input.

I don't know the answer to your first question, but as for the second: The HSK Basic covers vocab levels 1 & 2, HSK Intermediate covers 1 through 3, and HSK Advanced covers all four.

So if you're shooting for a six, you'll want to have a decent mastery of the first three levels.

加油:mrgreen:

In answer to your first question as far as I understand it the official modification doesn't take effect till 08 but you can elect to do that test for free in 07 as a part of their trial phase. Hope that helps.

They have already changed the format of the HSK and are currently running both the old and the new format in parallel. As far as I know, they will continue the old format for the rest of 2007, after which only the new format will be available.

As to whether, they are planning any further changes, I couldn't say.