Chinese-Forums

English equivalents of Chinese words for government officials

laser2302

Hi everyone, I need some help. I have a list of different Chinese official rankings, but I can't find English equivalents for that. Please help me out regarding the list given below:

01- 国家主席、副主席、总理级

02- 副总理、国务委员级

03- 部、省级

04- 副部、省级

05- 司、局、地、厅级

06- 副司、副局、副地、副厅级

07- 县、处级

08- 副县、副处级

09- 正科级

10- 副科级

11- 科员级

12- 办事员级

Take a look at this wiki page - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Civil_service_of_the_People's_Republic_of_China

Premier of the People's Republic of China, Level 1

Vice Premier of the People's Republic of China and members of the State Council, Levels 2-3

Leading roles of ministries or equivalents (正部级), or of provinces or equivalents (省级), Levels 3-4

Assisting roles of ministries or equivalents (副部级), or of provinces or equivalents (副省级), Levels 4-5

Leading roles of departments or equivalents (正司级 / 正厅级), or of prefectures or equivalents (地级), or counsels (巡视员) Levels 5-7

Assisting roles of departments or equivalents (副司级 / 副厅级), of prefectures or equivalents (副地级), or assistant counsels (助理巡视员) Levels 6-8

Leading roles of divisions or equivalents (正处级), of counties or equivalents (县级), or consultants (调研员), Levels 7-10

Assisting roles of divisions or equivalents (副处级), of counties or equivalents (副县级), or assistant consultants (助理调研员), Levels 8-11

Leading roles of sections or equivalents (正科级), of townships or equivalents (乡级), Levels 9-12

Assisting roles of sections or equivalents (副科级), of townships or equivalents (副乡级), Levels 9-13

Staff members (科员), Levels 9-14

Clerks (办事员), Levels 10-15

The temporary civil servants law of 1993 has been replaced by the civil servants law of 2005.