Chinese-Forums

Chinese youtube

SeekerOfPeace

I did. Couldn't find anything.

I always use search engines numerous times before posting a topic.

If I can't find it by myself, I come here and I ask other members if they know anything.

For someone who is either Chinese or who is used to dealing with Chinese on a daily basis, I'm assuming it would be fairly easy to answer for them. Which is why I am asking here.

But maybe I'm not as skilled with search engines as other people, who knows.:twisted:

There's about 250. Be assured that for every site that sells for a significant sum in the US, a hundred similar pages will open up in China. One of the most successful ones (probably the most successful independent site) is 土豆.

What what what? Stick 'Chinese youtube' into Google and you get two or three references to Tudou, mentions of Yoqoo and Wangyou, and a link to the danwei list posted above. That's before you even try 'Chinese video sharing', etc.

I appreciate things can often be hard to find, but this one isn't. If you have searched previously it's useful if you can say so in your post and explain why what you found wasn't what you were looking for.

What what what? Stick 'Chinese youtube' into Google and you get two or three references to Tudou, mentions of Yoqoo and Wangyou, and a link to the danwei list posted above. That's before you even try 'Chinese video sharing', etc.

I appreciate things can often be hard to find, but this one isn't. If you have searched previously it's useful if you can say so in your post and explain why what you found wasn't what you were looking for.

Dear Roddy,

To be frank I did search but I wasn't extremely thorough.

I see no point in browsing dozens of website to finally find one which is good quality when I could ask experienced users what they consider is the best website out there for video sharing. This also benefits the other users who might be interested in the same thing.

That's just my approach to things. I usually find things by myself when I can actually read what I'm looking for (English, French or Spanish) but when it comes to Chinese, I prefer to ask for help. I think it's sensible to do so, until, at least, I can read things by myself. Then, it will be my turn to help other people with their Chinese (just like I help other people with their French and their English).

That's my take on it. Thanks for reading.

I see no point in browsing dozens of website to finally find one which is good quality when I could ask experienced users what they consider is the best website out there for video sharing.

Then that sentence above is what you should have used in your opening post ;)

I partly agree with SeekerOfPeace. Why should someone browse tons of pages to find one good page, if (s)he can ask on forum and there will almost certainly be someone who knows the right page.

But on the other hand I definitely wouldn't support laziness of someone who doesn't want to do at least a little bit of research. Especialy not people who ask for translation of common word which they can easily find in a dict. But it is different story with webpages. There is lot of them and it is hard to try every page, so it is better to ask on forum.

Damn, I'm off-topic....:roll: