Chinese-Forums

recommend a good mp3 player

stoney

I have a black iPod nano. That's good for me. It has easy access to playlists, very easy to use, and it comes in a lot of different languages including chinese. It seems to be a cost factor for many people and it's more delicate than other mp3 players, but they are all in all really good quality.

You can upload language-learning podcasts to them via iTunes too. I've never worked with any other mp3 players though.

Good luck! :D

I just got a generic mp3 player from Carrefour (are you in China?) - you can get a 1G player for about RMB200 to 250. It does everything I need, although it doesn't have bookmarks - I'm not sure what you mean by bookmarks?

Also, don't need batteries, it charges from the USB.

The best MP3 players are on computers (desktop, pocket PC's) etc.

I prefer a Pocket PC to an iPOD or even an MP4 player- almost the same price but you can do much more than just listen to sound files or watch video. Most handhelds have some kind of a player. I find Windows Media player better than RealPlayer.

Sorry, but your answer is not clear (at least to me). Do you need ordinary MP3 player or MP3 player which is specially made for language learning? If former, than I recommend Winamp:

http://www.winamp.com/

It's free and it's specially made for MP3 (although you can also listen other formats, CDs, etc.). It's really good and it really satisfies me (don't get me wrong here:wink:).

You also didn't indicate if you need portable player (iPod or sth else) or player for your comp.

Stoney, I assume you only need a device/player for listening, not for typing, reading Chinese or looking up Chinese words/characters. A lot of mobile phones, especially 3G can handle MP3 files (take storage into consideration) - so a mobile phone - MP3 player is an option.

iPOD's Pocket PC's and palms all can also be used as players (check what's included). The quality is quite good.

If you only worry about listening and organising the audio files with the ability to rewind/fast forward, then iPods or other specific MP3 players are better.

As I said before, I use my Pocket PC, which has a good (built-in in the main memory) Windows Media player.

If you have a palm, you can use RealPlayer, if you not happy, get PocketTunes as BrandeX recommended. You may need to pay for the licence, though.

I have an iRiver H340 (hard to get nowadays) and its the dogs b*ll*cks, bees knees etc... It carries a shedload of music as well as heaps of language tools... battery life is around 15 hours (still as its about 2 years old) I am not sure about the bookmark function, I believe there is one but I havent really played with it...

I can recommend Acorp MP619iCF mp3 player. Comes with 1, 2 or 4 GB memory onboard, allows to add an additional 2 GB SD/MMC card, and the price is much less than iPODs. True, the battery doesn't last as long as that of iPOD's claimed battery life, but it's more compact, has FM radio, no bookmarks though.

What about something like this. Basically a digital version of the cassette 复读机 - you can load it up with mp3's and it's got

包含自动复读,10秒追述复读,AB复读。复读区间可任意移动,操作特别简便。同时具有子音复读、跟读对比功能

All that. Seems to be more or less what you are looking for. If you want to look around more I found that by searching 'mp3 复读机' (well, first time I searched 马屁3 复读机, but that was in error.)

Edit: And stoney, could you update your profile with an email address that works, please :wink: All your notification emails are bouncing back into my inbox.

Well, I'd say about 5-6 hours on full charge, which is enough to last me at least 2 days of listening. And the price is about $70 here (Russia) for a 1 GB version, plus $20 for a 2 GB SD card, and I use up each of these 3 gigs :) Should be even cheaper if you're in China. Handhelds are more universal, but aren't really portable, if you want to walk or exercise and listen to stuff.

Although Besta CD-816 pro is electronic dictionary (CHN, Eng, Jap, Kor) and not MP3 player, it has embedded some kind of MP3 player. It is possible to upload MP3s via USB link or SD card (if you have SD card slot on your computer). But the main disadvantage of Besta is, that it is adapted to Chines who learn English. And it is Taiwanese brand. I don't know if it is available in Mainland China (maybe in HK or Macau).

• 1 year later...