Chinese-Forums

Help me fill in the blanks

JimmySeal

hello all,

feeling slightly lost and writing from a nintendo ds in taiwan.

i asked a friend (who can't read or write) how to ask someone to call me a taxi. he said,

ni3 可以 bang 我打 gei 計程車 ma

i've figured out all the characters except the 'bang' and 'gei' (it might be 'beng' or 'pang' or something like that, i'm not sure). can anyone tell me what they are supposed to be? if possible,please provide simplified and traditional characters, as my browser can only handle characters within the japanese character set.

thanks a bunch,

jimmy

gosh that was fast.

i can't see the charcter for bang. if it's in simplified, could you break it into smaller parts (like 嗚=口十鳥)?

how would you express that sentence? maybe an answerin pinyin would be best)

If you want it in simplified character, then it is 邦 on top of 巾.

I would replace "da gei" with "jiao yi liang". "da gei" is "to call" as in "to telephone somebody". "jiao yi liang" is to "to call a (car)" as in "to call a cab".

Consider "ni keyi bang wo jiao yiliang jichengche ma?". (你可以帮我叫一辆计程车吗?)

Also note that there are different names for "taxi", i.e. "jichengche", "chuzuche" or "dishi".

liang is 車+兩 (traditional) or 车 + 两 (simplified).

Perhaps you could consider reconfiguring your pc now that there is a need for you to read Chinese characters on top of Japanese kanji?

Thanks for the replies.

my pc can handle chinese characters fine, but i do not have access to a pc here and must use my nintendo ds, which can only display japanese characters.

i was able to figure out liang when you broke it down.

my friend may have meant ge, but i doubt it because it sounded just like gei and he was talking really slowly. would 打個 make sense there?

thanks again.

I would have thought it makes more sense than 打给,

absolutely right.:mrgreen:At least I've never seen anybody use 打给 to ask someone to call him a taxi.And I recommend this sentence:你能帮我叫个计程车吗?

About the breaking here is a joke:

矮(short) can be seperated into 矢(arrow) and 委(cast),so it means 射(shoot=cast arrow).

射(shoot) can be divided into 身(body) and 寸(inch) ,so it means 矮(short=an inch long body)。

:mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

and break this character:咬.

:twisted::twisted::twisted: