Chinese-Forums

Fishing in Shanghai

gonefishing

I've never found a good fishing spot in Shanghai, however a quick drive out to Zhejiang and you'll find lots of lakes.

Now that being said, my buddies and I went driving in Zhejiang's countryside and found a lake with some locals fishing. So we set up our fishing rods and lures. We gave it a go and the locals kept laughing at us and our "high-tech fishing equipment".

We didn't get a single bite. So we went to see what kind of equipment they were using. Bamboo rods and a piece of rice at the end. They kept catching fish after fish. We caught none.

You can fish at the 大宁灵石公元 in Zhabei, in northern Shanghai. It's basically fishing in one of the many ponds or lakes.

I've never done it, but I'm sure you can go up there or have a Chinese person call the ticket office for more details.

i am surprised that Shanghai does not have coastal beaches?

Well, as you know most Chinese people strive to be as pale as possible, as that is a sure sign that at least you are not one of the many poor sods doing backbreaking labor in the sun all day long. Now, if you were to go swimming in or around Shanghai, I am not sure what color your skin would be the next day, what with all the pollution...pink, green, dark blue...who knows? :mrgreen:

We didn't get a single bite. So we went to see what kind of equipment they were using. Bamboo rods and a piece of rice at the end. They kept catching fish after fish. We caught none.

Does this simply mean that different fish like different bait?