Chinese-Forums

KingSoft Powerword Installation Problems

lateraldeath

hello, my mom just bought a new dell computer. Windows XP Home edition, we've been trying to install 金山词霸 on the computer but every time when we do the computer freeze on start up, everything but the mouse freezes. The version i used is the 2002. Does anyone else ever experienced similar problem?

Thanks in advance

I've had this same problem while trying to install this program from the CD on my English Windows XP system. I had to go to one of the Chinese download sites and download the software (over 400MB), then install from there.

i haven't tried using applocale yet, but then the problem is, i don't get to since the computer freezes right after windows load up before i can even operate it. ABCinchina, Which website did you go to when you downloaded 金山词霸, also which version did you download?

It appears that certain CD or DVD drives can't read the CD correctly for some reason; it will install after a few tries, but the program will cause your Windows to freeze. I think if you have a higher-end DVD drive, it will not read the CD. (I have a Sony Vaio laptop)

To download, just do a search on 金山词霸下载. I did a search, and you can go here.

http://www.onlinedown.net/soft/9817.htm

Then click on the 下载地址1 [远程下载] button near the bottom and install after the download is complete. (It may take a while depending how far away you are from their location)