Chinese-Forums

where can I buy some English novels in Shenzhen China?

helenlee

I like the original edition of some English novels and some other books. I like reading them, but I cannot find a good place to buy. And the second-hand books are pretty good too. I really appreciate if anyone can do me a favor to help me to buy some in USA or UK. Thanks a lot.:)

There are two bookshops I would recommend. One is near Ke Xue Guan metro station - I don't know the name, but come out on the north side of Shennan Da Dao and you should find it easily (there is a Starbucks on the ground floor). This one has a small selection of imported books, about 2 bookcases worth, with a reasonable choice.

The second is called "Book" near to Shao Nian Gong metro station on line 4. This place is a book shopping centre that just opened this year. There is one shop inside that is dedicated to import books - it is to the south of the bridge part, on the left side (east side). I hope you can understand these directions!

John, thank you very much. I think the first place you recommend is the Book City Center. But there are few imported books. I am wondering if I have found the right floor ,the right bookcase for the original edition.

However, I will try the second one this weekend.

Thanks a lot.

Regards,

Helen

Um yes, that must be it - Book City Center. I think it might be the 5th floor (although can't be sure!). Anyway, the import books are quite close the the escalators, and also near the maps. They are not next to the English Learners' books, so if you found those then you're in the wrong place. :wink: