Chinese-Forums

Appartment Sublets in BJ

niicco13

Hello

Can anyone help me knowing more about how sublets work in china?

If the roomates have already lived in for x months, and paid x months rent in one shot......IS there any risk paying the roomate cash that will leave?

What guaratantees can we expect?

Thks

Not sure I got your post. Is the person that signed the contract moving out? If so, why not transfer the contract to you? That way, you'll have a contract directly with your landlord - better for you, as there's no middle man involved, and better for the person moving out, as he'll have no more trouble with the apartment.

In my experience as long as the Landlord knows, and you've registered with the police it is fairly flexible.

Sometimes the Landlord won't want to do extra paper work to avoid paying taxes on renting houses. In nanjing these are fairly high so that is how it works.

The other thing is sometimes they want you to add your name to contract so you'll be liable if you leave the place trashed. There is usually a deposit anyway that covers this so it shouldn't be a problem. Remember in China the relationships are as much or more important as the contracts.

Have fun,

Simon:)