Chinese-Forums

"Monster Packs" for mobile phones - Chinese language

atitarev

I tried in vain to reflesh language packs to my mobile and tried a different (also risky) approach - I re-flexed my Motorola with a Monster Pack and isntalled some new languages - Russian for examples. I was to put it on in SMS but I couldn't see it in the sent items.

I wonder if anyone had luck with a "Monster Pack" to install Chinese input on a Western mobile phone.

Please share your experience. Will pinyin input work OK?

I used RSD Lite 3.2 provided by Shadowdh.

My phone is a Motorola Razr V3x.

Is there a point to install Chinese support in Australian networks (I am with Three)? Will characters be transmitted OK?

I had some doubts since I installed this Monster Pack, was able to type in Russian (saw the characters allright) but the other party got one blank instead of the Russian test word I sent. I couldn't see the Cyrillic letters in the Sent Items either :help

My guess is that both phones would need to have the language packs installed for it to work.

I'm in China and I would text message french messages to my friends. Some of my friends were able to receive these characters é è ê. Other friends phones didn't have french support would get square boxes instead.

I imagine it's the same deal with russian or chinese.

Thanks, Dalaowai. I might have a dodgy Russian support, if I can't see it properly in the "sent messages" or it is not supported by the carrier.

I am in the search now of the Monster Pack to restore my "Three Australia" settings for Internet connections, etc.

Chinese characters are transmitted no problem at all, its just the phone that limits the ability to read/send... I know I had to do a little seem editing (mucking around in the belly of the phone os as far as I know) to see the characters... I got some help on the forums (motorola) and it was quite easy... I text in Chinese all the time now (ok bad Chinese) as I have some Chinese friends over here at the moment and some of my class mates can send and receive Chinese too...

Just a quick note... I always back up my phone before I do anything to it (well now anyway) as you never know when you might need to recover it...

Thanks, Shadowdh, trouble is I don't know how to back it up apart from phone numbers. I used a detailed method to restore settings for Three Australia but it didn't work. I can use the phone but I can't surf the web, no big deal.

Still need to install the Chinese language pack. It's a pity monster packs tie your phone to another carrier, even if you use your own SIM card, you may lose something.

No probs... I will hunt through my folders as I have a back up program somewhere and will send it to you (I dont think its that large a file, but it may take a couple of days as I need to fix my modem/wireless router thingummy... (its playing up on me)... You can get monster packs that are not branded... also found some other moto forums...

http://www.vxxxstuff.com/forums/index.php?

http://www.motox.info/index.php?

dont know if they can help but any info is good I guess...