Chinese-Forums

Two week intensive course

dan ni er

Dear All

I would like to do a two week intensive Chinese programme in Beijing (or anywhere else in Northern China if there are suitable schools) starting from 5 October 2007. My spoken chinese is somewhere between upper intermediate and lower advanced, however, my reading lags behind this.

Could anyone recommend a decent two week intensive programme starting them?

I realise that it is entirely possible that there are no intensive courses starting then (they seem to be mainly held over the summer months) and so in that case I may just join a private school for two weeks. So I'd also appreciate if anyone could tell me of any decent private schools that would be good to join for two weeks.

Check out the thread just above yours for info on the Lotus program. I'm probably doing two weeks there in Nov. There is also TLI. You can find lots of information on these programs by searching the threads. My own unsolicited advice is that for such a short period of time, you might be better off with a private school so that you can really focus on what your needs are and not have to deal with the pace of a formalized class. My plan is to do 4-5 hours of tutoring a day and then talk with some language partners I have met online. I'll also live with a family in Beijing through Lotus. Hopefully that will help me improve a lot. Good luck to you.