Chinese-Forums

another question about chinese girls

yayarotem

i saw many nice threads about dating chinese girls. but i can't lose this feeling that i have - 'every cute chinese girl has been asked out by at list 50 foreign guys before'. maybe she will have the feeling of 'here comes another one'...:oops:

is that true? tell me what you think?

It might be like this in Beijing or Shanghai, but here in Anshan I'm probably the first foreigner that they have ever talked to outside of a school classroom let alone dated. Makes my life easier. In fact talking to my fellow expatriates here the stereotype is the opposite. It's the foreigner that is thinking, "here comes another one." after being asked out 50 or more times.

Yeah, I doubt I've seen even half that many foreigners in the 7 months I've been living in Wuhan. :-p

Certainly, none of the girls I know, including the really hot ones have even been asked out by a foreigner before. Of course, quite a few of the foreigners I know are married to Chinese girls, but I don't even think they got around that much before they were married.

Also, I find a lot of the girls I think are cute/hot aren't the ones my Chinese friends consider really beautiful. No problem though, just more for me! Haha.

Good luck.

I want to agree with ciaocibai,

Outside BJ and Shanghai foreigners are much more rare.

Also just like culture our ideas of beauty are sometimes different as well. The thin like a reed may not appeal to westerners as much as chinese just as the big eyes and white white skin are also cultural ideas of beauty that are often different in the West.

Sometimes the personalities can also be better. Some traditional Chinese men may like their wife to do all the housework and not work, some chinese women may find having expensive gifts , and a rich life style with a dull partner as par for the course and quite a good arrangement where some western women might want more sparks to the marriage and romance.

Cultures are different. And within cultures there are people all across the spectrum of physcial shapes and personalities.

There is one part though that it is easier for western men to find chinese girl friends than western females to find chinese boyfriends. (see past threads)

(I think chinese guys aren't used to working as hard as western men to romance the girls.) Though this is changing in young people I think.

Most chinese-western couples outside the big cities that last more than a few months a usually the real thing. Love anywhere is hard work. to find and to keep.

I am rambling,

have fun,

Simon:)