Chinese-Forums

F-visa

nirvanaworld

He said me that he can make me a F-visa but only 6-months and 1-2 entry....
The price is 6500元.... does any one thing ... is it fine or have any other way...

Again i asked a Travel agent from the same place(Bjing). He has said me that he can make me a 6-multi-F for 3500元. Is it ok. can i accept this.......

hi, thanks for your reply. :)

I am just trying to do something:mrgreen: and now i am a :evil:research and development officer :twisted:in a company here. I have asked some travel agents in HK for this visa. I have also contacted some persons over there. They say that they cant get this visa for me. They asked me to contact the local travels.

what to do???

龙文山 Vincent V.

Don't tell me about it! Chinese bureaucracy is eager to show of how many rules they have without logical explanation. Well it certainly seems that way.

Better to get 6 months visa and extend afterwards. Go to Hongkong (if you're a EU citizen: you can stay there for 3 months without visa) e.g. to apply for a new one after 6 months or do a medical examination and pay more for your visa if your budget or time cannot afford a Hongkong trip.

If you apply for a year, you need to do a medical examination before getting your visa from the embassy in your country and if you arrive in China with that F multi-entry visa, you will probably need to do everything from the medical examinations again, because Western doctors don't use red Chinese stamps on their papers. If you're lucky you can keep the x-ray sheet with needing a new one. Some Chinese people really think "closer" than their noses.

Once one declared that foreigners need a Chinese ID to attend driving school. Yeah, ok, let's change nationality for that, shall we?

Re-doing the medical stuff in China is not the issue, but wasting your euros and dollars to our own doctors first is a shame.

My tone seems to be arrogant towards Chinese, but nothing is less true. It is just frustration towards their brainless acts of looking down at people, just to be interesting.

Like our doctors are not to be trusted? Less competent? Than what? A doctor from Xi'An e.g.?

A Chinese economy professor once told in class that the Chinese are smarter than Western men, because the Chinese learn to economize in kindergarden? And Hitler commited suicide because he was so impressed about Mao Zedong? Chinese are smarter than Western people because they use both parts of the brain whereas we only use one?

:twisted:Maybe we only need to use one part for the same task they do! That's why they need 5000 years to come to their current stage, while we only needed like less than 1000 to get where we are now.

Well, don't worry; China is wonderful. It's my second home.:roll: That's why I feel free to get angry at it once in a while.:tong

But for such bureaucratic quandaries, there are always tricks to overcome them easily.:mrgreen:

SO THE ANSWER is: take half year, maybe that's what that person wanted to warn you about. It causes you less headaches. Once you're in China, you can extend for another 6 months without spending needlessly on doctors for the embassy in your country.

龙文山 Vincent V.

Yes, it can be done.

I had a working visa for one year once, which was the easiest way of getting a visa, since I was in China already. My employer asked to give my passport and I didn't have to worry about a thing. It was fixed in no time.

A couple of years before I applied for a X multiple entry for 1 year. I just needed the application forms and a signed letter from the University.

The only trouble was paying for medical examination twice. (see my former response)

hi Vincent,

I am an Indian passport holder. I would think that it would be too much for me to go to HK. Since i have 0-entry with my present L-visa i am worried. 6months F-visa is ok for me. All i want to know is what is the exact and correct price of a F-6-multi. Who is true or at least some one who can give me a cheap one.

I want to know a good agent who will do me this and understand my situation and my financial problems.

thanks.....

龙文山 Vincent V.

If you are a EU citizen even better:

you're not sponsored by someone, take a tourist visa and go to Shenzhen. Than, like Roddy already mentioned, get a new one in Hongkong. It takes you less than an hour to:

-take a taxi in Shenzhen to the border

-HK subway train to Chinese embassy on HK Island

Just stay in HK until your visa is ready! (takes 4 work days)

repeat the process until you're bored and ready to go home.

p.s.: I don't know if this works for a US citizen

龙文山 Vincent V.

Indian passport he?

Well, if you are still looking for a job in China...

I know someone from Bangladesh who studied and worked in China.

Do you want me to ask him?

Or you can apply as a foreign student at a University for 6 months and try to find a job in the meantime.

Visa price varies from country to country I think.

In Belgium I pay 30 euro (about 300 rmb), in Hongkong 150 HKD (about 150 rmb) and in China Xi'An 400 rmb for a visa F multiple entry.

Check the website of the Chinese embassy in your country.

vincent,:D

how about going to Bjing.... Is there anything Else than Teaching job for a foreigner. Every English needs and Native speaker, what shall i do and what would be my theam to search a job... I would like to make business in china with India.

but i must make some financial arrengments before making this. So i need some constant job....

How to look for a job here ????:cry:

had a working visa for one year once
That would of course be the most convenient alternative; it's not the same as an F-visa, though.
Just stay in HK until your visa is ready! (takes 4 work days)
If you're willing to pay up for it, you can get it on the same day, too.

For prices and agency recommendations, check here: Visa Prices in Hong Kong. JTA (mentioned in that thread) charges HKD 460 for 1-2 days's time, HKD 660 for same-day pick-up.

龙文山 Vincent V.

I think that Mongolia-Beijing will have the same results as Hongkong-Shenzhen for an Indian passport holder.

But still, if you want to make business with China-India relations for the first time, I would advise you to go to Shenzhen-Hongkong. The rules of "economic" engagement are less vague than in Beijing. Better to do Beijing after some experiences with China. Unless you have a very good and trustworthy friend in China to cooperate with.

龙文山 Vincent V.

Than I definitely say Shenzhen combined with Hongkong.

Have your official office in Hongkong (tax-free zone), but operate your business in Shenzhen (free trade zone).

The biggest electronics industry can be found in Shenzhen

And Hongkong is the place to be for export to the rest of Asia (look at map of China)

(www.alienriddler.com):

Shenzhen is a Free Trade Area (FTA) and a major manufacturing center in China. An FTA is a region in which obstacles to unrestricted trade have been reduced to a minimum.

Within an industrialized country there are usually few if any significant barriers to the easy exchange of goods and services between parts of that country. For example, there are usually no trade tariffs or import quotas; there are usually no delays as goods pass from one part of the country to another (other than those that distance imposes); there are usually no differences of taxation and regulation.

Shenzhen is home to some of China's most successful high-tech companies, such as Huawei and ZTE. A number of foreign IT companies also have facilities in the city - Foxconn has a manufacturing plant based in Shenzhen where they make most of the iPods and laptops for Apple Computer. It appears to be shipping a large majority of the new Intel based machines at this stage.

The city has more than four hundred of the world's five hundred biggest companies.