Chinese-Forums

Mongolian Visa

nirvanaworld

hi,:roll:

I would like to what are the procedures of getting a :evil:Mongolian Visa from china for a Indian passport holder....its me...

I have seen some sites in Gooog and some say that an Indian passport holder dont need "Photo,application, fee" for getting a Visa.

Is it true... or a old history which is still on the web :roll:"unchanged":roll:

what is the present situation. My plan is to get a Mongolian visa and move over there for some months and return to china with a new Visa when my 6-months expires or if i dont get one.

I think the Bjing Olympics would affect the Extension of my Visa after 6-months from now....

what do you feel:mrgreen:

:help

If it is like getting the visas for thailand and vietnam then you can probably get the visa from Beijing or a border city in inner mongolia.

You should look it up . or check a travel agency in inner mongolia to ask them the procedures. I would prepare for a visa issue .

I had friend who took the siberian rail way across to Europe and at the border I think they paid a small visa fee of some sort. Also at the russia border as well. I don't think it was a big deal but they were just passing through.

Good luck,

Simon:)

:wink: Thanks Simon,

I have inquired the Agents. They say no problem. But the question is what about the website..which says Indian Passport holders dont have to pay the "FEE or Fill the application":mrgreen: How long it is true??

Though the fee is very less to get the Visa to Mongolia. Why can't i try this also:mrgreen::mrgreen:

simon !! do you have any Idea about this??

Hi Nirvana,

There are two reasons for this possibility. The one reason might go back to the Checkboard diplomacy in the 70s and 80s.

There was tension between Russia and China. Russia signed an agreement with Indian to sell weapons (even though it knew there were border disputes between China and India).

China turns around and allies with Pakistan, sending weapons (and some people say nuclear scientists) . Even Vietnam was playing to Russia. If you colored the map by alliances it looked like a checker board. So some of it is that reason.Mongolia is on the big border with china and get suspicious of annexation sometimes.

(Too much information, I know)

The other reason is probably reciprocity. India probably has low visa fees for Mongolians , so mongolians give Indians low visa fees. I am not sure how many Indians go to mongolia for vacations but chances are its not that many.

In north america, until recently US people could travel to most caribean islands with just a driver's license, and no fees they didn't even need a passport. Terrorism has changed this some I think. If you have it from an authoritative agent just accept it, and if you're worried bring some cash to pay the fee if you have to.

Mongolia is windy, cold and mostly flat grassland. Not the most populated place so that is why they may be encouraging people to go there.

Have fun,

Simon:)